Do you have a strong attention to detail and a desire to ensure products retain the highest quality standards? If so, become a valuable member of our team as a grinder, inspecting products as they come out of the machinery, removing any defective pieces and providing the finishing touches on the rest by hand. You will use your profound knowledge of how the machinery works to ensure that it remains functional by performing routine maintenance, cleaning and repairs. Your problem-solving skills will come in handy as you keep the machinery running and reduce any potential gaps in production in a fast-paced environment that cannot afford to lose any time due to machinery malfunctions.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak working capability.
- Stop any machines upon discovery of a problem and make the required adjustments as quickly as possible to minimize downtime.
- Provide quality control by inspecting workpieces as they come out of the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
- Keep all equipment running by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, including lubrication and cleaning, and scheduling repairs when needed.
- Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the scope of expected knowledge and expertise.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience as a grinder or similar job
- Able to stand all day and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze blueprints
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment maintenance